Home

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tasty Blog Snack

Those of you who know me know that I tend to get on "kicks." This is my new kick.
Last weekend my sister called me raving about a homemade non-dairy ice cream she had eaten at a friend's house, so the first chance I got I Googled the recipe and tried it out.
I've made this (probably) 4 out of the 5 days I've known about it. It's that good (and healthy).
Apparently, frozen bananas can turn out to be an ice-creamy consistency when you put them in a food processor, along with peanut butter and a smidgen of honey.
I'm not a huge fan of honey which means that each time I make it, the amount of honey decreases.
The amounts of each ingredient basically depend on what you want it to taste like.
Happy snacking!


*Here's the mix-down:
  • 1 large frozen banana—Easiest if you cut into pieces before freezing
  • 1 tablespoon of peanut butter 
  • 1 teaspoon of *honey
Put all ingredients in the food processor, and voila! Faux ice cream!

*Makes one serving

For an extra treat, add chocolate chips; so so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment